April 26, 2008
I have so looked forward to actually having the time to start working on our blog. Life has slowed down enough that I have been able to take several, several deep breaths, and feel mostly sane again.
The last 8 months have been pretty intense.
* We (Sean, really) accepted a new client in San Antonio, TX - a new hotel/condo complex on a new section of the Riverwalk. It has been such a financial blessing to have God's provision through this last winter while things in Pagosa were at a housing development standstill.
* We started our "due dilligence" on the paperwork for our second adoption & looking under every rock in Taiwan to find the next little one that God had for our family.
* The first week of December, all three of us got sick. Camden had a fever of 104.6 for 5 days. Sean's pnemonia made a comeback & I had the sniffles. It was pretty intense, & then, just as Camden's fever was breaking & he was starting to feel better, my sniffles turned into a head cold. From the headcold, it went to a sinus infection, to an ear infection, to an inner ear infection & vertigo.
I honestly didn't know how completely dibilitating vertigo could be. I have a whole new compassion for those that suffer with vertigo, esp. long term.
The same day that everything in my world started spinning, I lost my hearing in my right ear. It was an incredibly miserable time!
Fast forward from December to the middle of February. I found a physical therapist that was able to cure my vertigo almost immediatley. I had been on the strongest motion sickness meds available for 2 1/2 mo. Later, I found that a person is only supposed to use that med for 2-3 weeks.
Everyone, including myself, assumed that once the vertigo vanished, my hearing would return. But it didn't. My audiologist is confident that my severe hearing loss is permenant.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
It's been a long, long 8 months
Posted by Team Thomson at 5:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment